*This will be my final post of the school year.
Grammar ~ Tag Questions
The Music of English: Connected Speech
GO THROUGH WITH/THE LAST (FINAL) STRAW
WOD: go through with ___________ or ___________ with something
1. I didn’t have the nerve to go through with the elective surgery.
2. Maria went through with her divorce even though it was difficult.
POD: the last (final) straw the last ___________ a person can ___________
1. Your rude email to me is the last straw! I’m going to look for a new job!
2. My sister has always been unkind towards me, but when she started being unkind to our mother it was the final straw.
MIX UP/WALK ON EGGSHELLS
WOD: mix up ___________ two people or things
1. People often mix up the identical twin sisters.
2. I always mix up Rhode Island and New Hampshire on a map.
POD: walk on eggshells to act in a __________ manner
1. Ever since I smashed my parents’ car, I've been walking on eggshells with them.
2. When my mother-in-law stays at our house, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells.
This information is meaningful and magnificent which you have shared here about the english grammar. I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. If anyone looking for the best online platform to learn english, englishlivelearning is a good choice.
Your post is helping me a lot. Its really nice and epic. Thanks a lot for the useful info on this topic. You did it so much well. I love to see more about GB WhatsApp. Keep sharing and updating. Also share more posts with us. Thank you.
Post a Comment