*This will be my final post of the school year.
Grammar ~ Tag Questions
The Music of English: Connected Speech
GO THROUGH WITH/THE LAST (FINAL) STRAW
WOD: go through with ___________ or ___________ with something
1. I didn’t have the nerve to go through with the elective surgery.
2. Maria went through with her divorce even though it was difficult.
POD: the last (final) straw the last ___________ a person can ___________
1. Your rude email to me is the last straw! I’m going to look for a new job!
2. My sister has always been unkind towards me, but when she started being unkind to our mother it was the final straw.
MIX UP/WALK ON EGGSHELLS
WOD: mix up ___________ two people or things
1. People often mix up the identical twin sisters.
2. I always mix up Rhode Island and New Hampshire on a map.
POD: walk on eggshells to act in a __________ manner
1. Ever since I smashed my parents’ car, I've been walking on eggshells with them.
2. When my mother-in-law stays at our house, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells.