Play this Jeopardy Game about the USA.
Learning English in Ohio
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Week of May 22
*This will be my final post of the school year.
Grammar ~ Tag Questions
The Music of English: Connected Speech
GO THROUGH WITH/THE LAST (FINAL) STRAW
WOD: go through with ___________ or ___________ with something
1. I didn’t have the nerve to go through with the elective surgery.
2. Maria went through with her divorce even though it was difficult.
POD: the last (final) straw the last ___________ a person can ___________
1. Your rude email to me is the last straw! I’m going to look for a new job!
2. My sister has always been unkind towards me, but when she started being unkind to our mother it was the final straw.
MIX UP/WALK ON EGGSHELLS
WOD: mix up ___________ two people or things
1. People often mix up the identical twin sisters.
2. I always mix up Rhode Island and New Hampshire on a map.
POD: walk on eggshells to act in a __________ manner
1. Ever since I smashed my parents’ car, I've been walking on eggshells with them.
2. When my mother-in-law stays at our house, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells.
Posted by Denise at Thursday, April 18, 2019 2 comments:
Friday, April 12, 2019
Week of April 15
April Showers Bring May Flowers
by Karen Chappell
April showers bring May flowers,
That is what they say.
But if all the showers turned to flowers,
We’d have quite a colourful day!
There’d be bluebells and cockleshells,
Tulips red and green,
Daffodils and Chinese squill,
The brightest you’ve ever seen.
You’d see tiger lilies and water lilies,
Carnations pink and blue,
Forget-me-not and small sundrop
Glistening with the dew.
We’d have fireweed and milkweed
And many more different flowers.
Mexican star and shooting star,
Falling in the showers.
And if all the showers turned to flowers
On that rainy April day,
Would all the flowers turn to showers
In the sunny month of May?
AdjectivesThis past week in class we learned some adjectives that can replace more common adjectives and allow us to avoid words like so, very, and really. This week we will focus on adjectives that help us describe our personality.
How Would you Describe Yourself? (video)
Introverts and Extroverts (listening, vocabulary, quiz)
Last week we watched the short Disney film Paperman. You can watch it again below and write four short paragraphs about it. There is a link to the assignment.
Easter is a Christian holiday. You can listen to the reason Easter is celebrated below.
Posted by Denise at Friday, April 12, 2019 3 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)